Ask a Dentist   »  

Is bleaching treatment safe for light yellow teeth ?

i am having light yellow teeth & i am thinking of bleaching treatment.Is it a good idea ?
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Can go for bleaching. Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your concern. According to me if you have healthy teeth with good gum support then you can go for desired bleaching treatment. Therefore please let me know do you have any gum problems or any decay in your teeth?So that I can suggest you better in this regard. Awaiting your response. Thanks. Take care.
Follow-up: Is bleaching treatment safe for light yellow teeth ? 14 hours later
I have two molar with metal cap & other three molar with silver metal feeling.So can i go for it ? I heard somewhere that after doing this this bleaching treatment we loose sensitivity to a small extent.Is it true?
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Metals might react upon bleaching Detailed Answer: Hello and thanks for reply. As I suggested, that you can go for bleaching treatment,but there are chances that the teeth with silver filling might cause problems later. Again,teeth with metal cap cannot be bleached,if you want to enhance esthetics in those teeth then, you can go for replacing the crown by all ceramic crowns(caps).They have good esthetics value as well as compressive strength(Minimal fractures). Coming to your second query,it has no effect on sensitivity.Sensitivity can be reduced by using pastes containing Sodium or potassium nitrate like Sensodyne and Emoform-R as well as local fluoride application in clinics. For any further query please let me know. Thanks. Take care.