Is a lump under the skin between my scrotum and anus something to worry about ?

Question
Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... Hi , I have a lump under the skin between my scrotum and anus , it does not hurt , I think it gets a little bit bigger if I squeeze it , it is about the size of a jelly bean :(
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 45 minutes later
Hello.

The lump under the skin that is painless at the site you have mentioned might be a lipoma or a cyst.

Only a clinical examination by a surgeon will help in making the diagnoses. There are no lymph nodes present in that area. So, most likely it is a harmless lump least likely to grow in size or produce any complications. Still it will be best if you can send a picture of the lump to YYYY@YYYY , with SUB: ATTN Dr. RakhiTayal. Instead you can get it examined.

Most likely treatment is the surgical excision if it is bothering you.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.