Is a low sperm count a result of varicose veins. What are the treatment?

Good

Question
IS A LOW SPERM COUNT IS A RESULT OF VERICOS VAIN and WHAT ARE THE TREATMENTS
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 10 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Varicocele is a mass of enlarged veins that develops in the spermatic cord, which leads from the testicles (testes) up through a passageway in the lower abdominal wall to the circulatory system.
It can cause low sperm count.
To conform the diagnosis i advice you to go for the test known as Doppler ultrasound, based on the result treatment can be planned.
If the varicocele is not causing the patient discomfort, treatment is not necessary. Surgery may be recommended if the varicocele is causing significant discomfort, or associated with a reduced size of the left testicle or infertility. The operation is a straightforward but delicate procedure in which the vein draining the varicose veins is ligated, or tied off. This causes the veins to collapse without affecting the testicle's function. Results from surgery are very good, with an 80 percent success rate & pregnancy rates of 45% to 50%.
I advice you to see urologist for examination and also plan the next best step for you.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Is a low sperm count a result of varicose veins. What are the treatment? 3 hours later
I already gone through a Doppler test and found vericos G II in left and mild in right side.....
and my sperm count is also dropping down gradually as i told u earlier before it was 80 million in 2008, in 2009-2010 it reduced to 50 million and 35--20-15-5-1-and now it is 0.5.....and motile also shows the same pattern.....Some times i fell a little or slight pain in my testicles like someone is pressing/squising them...

IS any treatment by MEDICINE available other then surgery...(open or radio).....how much time it will take to cure.....and which is the fast n safe treatment....

if i gone through the surgery Is any reduction in my sexability.....am i will able to satisfy my partner.....because it is directlly cutting the supply of blood to the veins...please advise u r advise is so valuable for me....and make me able to decide what to do.....
Presentlly i m in kolkata so plzzz advise good doctor in this area for my problem... thxx

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Hello
Good to hear from you.
varicocele embolization is a non-surgical alternative to painful varicocele surgery.     Varicocele embolization has been successful at eliminating varicoceles for thousands of men, and can have you back to your active lifestyle in only a few days. Many men choose this non-surgical alternative because it does not involve general anesthesia, incisions in the scrotum, or sutures.
Studies have shown that varicocele repair can improve semen analysis significantly, but there is no guarantee. It has been proven that pregnancy rates in infertile couples improve after varicocele repair by about 30-50%. As such there are no literature which suggests that it affects your sexual life. You should avoid intercourse till the pain subsides, it takes nearly week.
I advice you to discuss this with the urologist and then you can take the next best step for you.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Is a low sperm count a result of varicose veins. What are the treatment? 1 hour later
thxx Doctor...
tht i under stand but please ans these questions also i think you missed it...

Hello
Good to hear from you.

There are other methods like medicines to treat it. Surgery is safe. Medical treatment with L-carnitine but is not as effective as surgery.

Wish you good health.

can u suggess some good doctors in "kolkata" whom i can contact...

for both
1. medicine treatment.....
2. radiologist who conduct surgery

Hello
Good to hear from you.
I am extremely sorry, i am not aware of the doctors in kolkata. It will be helpful to you if you speak with the consulting doctor, he will refer you some good doctors over there.
Wish you good health.