Is Zorvolex better than Diclofenac for degenerative disc disease and arthritis?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am currently taking diclofenac 75 mg. once daily for severe degenerative disc disease and arthritis. Would zorvolex be a safer choice?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Both medications are same pharmacologically. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Both Diclofenac and Zorvolex (diclofenac capsules) are same pharmacologically. So, both the medications will have the same safety profile. The only difference being that zorvolex comes in 18mg and 35mg dosing and has to be taken either 2 or 3 times per day depending upon the severity of pain. Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further Regards