Is Tridot the accurate test for HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
hello I had a risky exposure one and half years back from now. I recently tested for HIV and the KIt used was TRI-DOT. it was done in dhande lab pune and the result shows negative for HIV Antibodies I and II. I just want to know how accurate are the results and does this rule out any possibility of having AIDS?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Tridot reliable more than 98%. You are HIV free Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. Thanks for posting your query. Tridot test is marketed by J XXXXXXX company and they claim that this test is 100%sensitive and specific as far as WHO Standard. In my practical experience it is highly reliable more than 98.5%. National AIDS Control Organization recommends two different types of ELISA or rapid tests make the result confirmatory 100%. Even otherwise I can assure you that you are HIV free. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Is Tridot the accurate test for HIV? 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply, Do you think I need to go for any other test or this single test result will suffice?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: No further test is necessary. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. I personally feel that you don't need any further test. Only to confirm a positive test another test is necessary and not for a negative test. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Is Tridot the accurate test for HIV? 4 hours later
Thank you Doctor. Just one more question, may be I am bit paranoid that's why this stupid thought coming. Apart from HIV testing , I haven't done any testing for other STDS, but till the time of exposure nearly one and half years have gone by, and I haven't noticed any suspicious symptoms on my genitals or anywhere else in my body. Can I take that as a confirmation I don't have any other STDS and move on to have a healthy married life?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Test for Syphilis and Hepatitis suggested. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. I am happy you have raised this question. You had not mentioned about the sexual encounter, whether it is a protected one, vaginal sex alone or you had oral sex also. Whether the girl is known to you or not? With regards to your question regarding STD and testing for the same, STDs are many.Most of the STDs, by this time would have manifested if you got infected. But Syphilis and Hepatitis, CMV might exist even without symptoms. So it is better to have a blood check up for STD with VDRL or RPR test and also for HBS Ag, HCV etc. as you are going to have a married life. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Is Tridot the accurate test for HIV? 3 minutes later
Can You just list me all the important STD blood tests that need to be done? I can then do all of those today or tomorrow.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Test for Syphilis, Hep , Hep C are enough. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. You need not have any test for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Genital Warts and Genital Herpes as you didn't develop any symptoms. CMV in a normal adult has no clinical significance. There are no blood test for certain other STDs for which we have to do some test if there is any lesion as smear or culture test.So have the test for SYPHILIS, Hep B, and Hep C. Nothing more is essential for you. Dr S.Murugan