Is Tetracyline or Ammoxicillion better for pnenomonia treatment?

Tetracyline or ammoxicillion for pnenomonia
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Augmentin + Azithromycin Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. I would be glad if you could share me you symptoms and how you diagnosed yourself as having Pneumonia. As far as your query is considered preferred Oral drugs for Community Acquired Pneumonia in a COPD Patients are following in order of preferences : 1. Azithromycin or Clarithromycin 2. Augmentin (Amoxycillin + Clavulonic Acid) 3. Levofloxacin or Moxifloxacin. If you are sure you have a pneumonia that too not complicated and you want home treatment. I would suggest you to ask your pharmacist for Azithromycin and Augmentin both. If option is only either Tetracycline or Amoxycillin , Go with Amoxycillin. Also , i advice you to get Pneumococcal Vaccination for a better life. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD