Is Seroquel suggestible for Anxiety and sleeplessness?

Question
Several years ago, the PA placed me on Seroquel with a ,"lets try this". In small doses it helps me sleep. It does cause some agitation from time to time. When I looked it up, I found it was from schizophrenia. I have never been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I do have plenty of anxiety, and have difficulty getting to sleep, and have for years. Without medication I do not sleep, I do not relax, and I have more difficulty with pain. I need to find a correct doctor who can help me out. I will start medicare soon, and Seroquel is a high ticket item. I need someone who is closer to East Mesa, Arizona.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Seroquel for insomnia, doctors listed Detailed Answer: Thank you for asking! I am Dr S XXXXXXX and i would like to answer your query for seroquel (quetiapine). Miss XXXX i want you to know that your doctor is right. Quetiapine is an antipsychotic and it is not just used for schizophrenia. in low doses of 25 mg per day at bedtime is a recommended and prefered dose for sleep troubles / insomnia and a standard practice all around the world. Now for the anxiety and associated insomnia there are options like psychotherapy sessions and group therapies with vocational and recreational rehabs and they should be tried to see if they help. I suggest you stick to your doctor but here are some doctors mentioned below in your provided location. You can have second opinion from them. Partners In Recovery XXXXXXX W Belmonte 924 N Country Club Dr Rm 316 Mesa, AZ 85201 (602) 995-6280 People of Color Network Janette Albarracin 310 S Extension Rd Mesa, AZ 85210 (480) 615-3800 People of Color Network XXXXXXX Burton 310 S Extension Rd Mesa, AZ 85210 (480) 615-3800 People of Color Network Francisco A Neufeld 310 S Extension Rd Mesa, AZ 85210 (480) 615-3800 People of Color Network XXXXXXX E Pray III 310 S Extension Rd Mesa, AZ 85210 (480) 615-3800 Desert Vista Behavioral Health XXXXXXX Barksdale 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 344-2028 Desert Vista Psychiatric Srvcs Esad Boskailo 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (602) 344-5011 Desert Vista Behavioral Health XXXXXXX Hughes 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 344-2028 Desert Vista Behavioral Health XXXXXXX S XXXXXXX 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 344-2028 Desert Vista Behavioral Health XXXXXXX K XXXXXXX 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 344-2028 Desert Vista Psychiatric Srvcs Diane M Park 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (602) 344-5011 Desert Vista Behavioral Health XXXXXXX W XXXXXXX 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 344-2028 Desert Vista Behavioral Health Domiciano XXXXXXX 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 344-2028 Desert Vista Behavioral Health Shabnam Sood 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 344-2028 Desert Vista Behavioral Health XXXXXXX Torio 570 W Brown Rd Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 344-2028 I hope it helps. Take care and dont forget to close the discussion please. Yours sincerely S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Is Seroquel suggestible for Anxiety and sleeplessness? 1 hour later
Yes. The PA gave me 200 mg tablets with no other instructions regarding amounts. Trial and error, I figured out the 200 mg was too great for me. So, I, of my own judgement decided to cut it into quarters. When I speak to the PA or the other doctor I tried, they refuse to help me. In fact, they said specifically they would not help. Word for word. I cannot believe Seroquel is the only option. It is very high cost on the prescription plans I am now having to get into. Also, All the doctors you mention are past downtown Mesa, Arizona. I am in East Mesa, not far from Apache Junction. That's a lot of miles to put on me, and an old car. Are there no competent doctors East of Power Road?

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Not the only option, Nearby doctors provided Detailed Answer: Thank you for asking again! 200 mg of seroquel is no way the dose for insomnia. It is overdose for even schizophrenia.no more than 25 mg per day and only before bed time is how this drug should be taken. Now it is not the only option for insomnia. There are many ways to get helped by that. Try some cognitive behavioural therapies, Acupressure therapies and diet and lifestyle modifications by avoiding alcohol and caffeinated products and beverages in the afternoon and onwards.Exercise regularly for 6 hours before bedtime. There are many simple medicines cheap and easily available for insomnia. From simple antihistamines to sedative hypnotics like ramelteon, zolpidem, zaleplon etc, melatonins, tricyclic antidepressants. Some herbal products like Valerian root extract,chamomile and St. Johns , kava kava, dogwood and L-tryptophan etc. Now some psychiatrists near Apache junctions east Mesa you might consult are Dr. Adeola Adelayo, MD Child & Adolescent Psychiatry 625 N Plaza Dr, Apache Junction, AZ 85120 Dr. XXXXXXX H. Stumpf, MD Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry) 625 N Plaza Dr Suite 101, Apache Junction, AZ 85120 Dr. XXXXXXX L. Vines, MD Psychiatry 625 N Plaza Dr Suite 101, Apache Junction, AZ 85120 Dr. XXXXXXX C. Daniell, MD Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry) 3314 N Brighton, Mesa, AZ 85207 Dr. Hoda E. Hannallah, MD Psychiatry, 625 N Plaza Dr, Apache Junction, AZ 85120 I hope i explained it well. Take care and good luck. May the odds be ever in your favour. S Khan