Is Sea Salt better for gout conditions than typical table salt?

Hi, Is Sea Salt better for gout conditions than typical table salt?
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No preference Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I ma afraid the basic components in both salt types is essentially the same. There a little differences in the mineral composition, but really do not permit favoring the use of one over the other, in health conditions in which salt is not advised. In your specific situation, I would not advice you actually do take salt, considering the fact that you are hypertensive. Sea salt still produces similar effects like typical salt, when taken in large or excessive amounts. In case of gout, there is no preference for one type of salt over the other. Both salts are salts and do have similar consequences on our health. the best thing is to reduce or at times stop consumption. It is not advisable to take excessive amounts of sea salt, thinking its better. No scientific evidence holds for that as of now. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards. Feel free asking follow up questions in case of need. I would be glad making humble contributions to your well being. Dr Bain