Is Rotigotine Neupro safe when allergic to sulfates and suffering from AFIB?

rotigotine Neupro - I was prescribed this patch but have concerns. I am allergic to sulfates (Bactrim) and have Afib which I see is a possible side effect of this med. I have had augmentation with Requip and Mirapex for Restless Leg Syndrome. I am not convinced that this is a good drug for me.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Neupro isn't a good medication for you... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I read your query very carefully. Yes I also think that Neupro isn't a good medication for you. - First of all you are allergic to sulfates and lifethreatening allergic reaction may occur. - Neupro may worsen Heart failure, sleep apnea and atrial fibrilation with a worsening of your general health status. So i suggest to talk again with your doctor to find another medication that hasnt such effects. Hope it was of help! Dr. Benard