Is Nitrofurantoin pink in colour?

I got a new prescription for nitrofurantoin mcr 100mgcap and the description said yellow oblong caps a previous prescription said a pink oblong capsule which is correct
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: They are all correct Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. Nitrofurantoin is produced by several different drug companies. There are many different colors on the market because each company has the right to choose what color it wants for its drug. What ever color you are dispensed depends on the pharmacy and which pharmaceutical company supplies it. It would not be surprising to have different colors of the same drug from different pharmacies or even in the same pharmacy if there is a time lapse between the two precriptions. Feel free and safe to take the drugs. It is all about packaging and not the active molecule. I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well and feel free to ask for further clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.