Is Mifepristone and Misoprostol safe to use for abortion at one month of pregnancy?

Hi Doctor
My wife got 1 month pregnancy. we want abortion. if we take the Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablet it ll safe or not and if safe then how to use

if possible without doctor prescription can i get these tablets in medical store (Chennai)
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

Your primary concern is to get rid of unwanted pregnancy and you want to avoid visit to a doctor.

The best advise for you is to visit a gynecologist and take this abortion pills under medical supervision only.

This tablets are hormonal tablets and they must be taken under medical supervision.

The time is right,they are effective for pregnancy less then 45 days.This tablets when taken will lead to bleeding and expulsion of products of conception in few days.

In some patients side effects like:

Excessive vomiting,abdominal pain,heavy bleeding,incomplete abortion,decrease in blood pressure etc. can happen.

You may have your reasons for not visiting the doctor,but take my advise and to avoid problems to your partner visit to doctor is must.

You partner is quite young and it is important to see she should not have any problem in conceiving in future.

Please visit doctor at the earliest.

One more piece of advice,if you are not planning for a child for what so ever reason,please use regular form of contraception from now onwards to avoid such accidents in future.

Today there are various safe options are available,please discuss this with your doctor.

I hope this answers your query,I will be glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.