Is MRI accurate than a CT scan in detecting liver metastasis from colon cancer?

Question
Is a mri more accurate than a ct scan in detecting liver mets from colon cancer ?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: MRI with contrast Detailed Answer: Dear patient, For this particular indication of metastatic disease, MRI WITH CONTRAST has proven to be superior to CT. Here I attach for your reference a great article link: WWW.WWWW.WW Hope this helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic Cardiology

Follow-up: Is MRI accurate than a CT scan in detecting liver metastasis from colon cancer? 3 minutes later
I ask as my dad had a ct done and they stated indeterminate liver lessions ? Poss t2 or t3.

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 minute later
Brief Answer: MRI would be beneficial Detailed Answer: In that case, probably the MRI will give better definition of the lesions; nevertheless, to have a specific diagnosis, it is likely that a transhepatic biopsy could be required.

Follow-up: Is MRI accurate than a CT scan in detecting liver metastasis from colon cancer? 1 minute later
So even though the ct scan report said this, these could still be liver mets?

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: The radiologist is saying: there is something there, but I cannot say for sure what it is... that is indeterminate lesion. In those cases, additional imaging may be useful