Is Diclofenac Sodium intake safe when suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis?

My doctor prescribed Diclofenac sodium I have RA and hemochromatosis. Should I be Taking this medication.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: No absolute contraindication Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Diclofenac is an NSAID, it can be used for Rheumatoid Arthritis and arthralgia's of hemochromatosis. However , should be avoided in presence of liver or kidney problems. I personally don't prefer to use diclofenac for this purpose. I prefer to give COX2 inhibitors like Etoricoxib for this purpose. Also i advise my patients to avoid it as far as possible. As far as hemochromatosis is concerned , as such no absolute contraindication is there for diclofenac use. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD