Is Chrone s disease cureable and what complications does it cause?
User rating for this question
Is Chrone's disease cureable? What complications could cause it to be fatal?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 35 hours later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXX, it can be managed. Detailed Answer: Crohn's (or Crohn) disease usually affects the small intestine and less commonly the colon, but it is capable of involving the remainder of the gastrointestinal tract - the mouth, esophagus, and stomach. The chronic inflammation causes ulceration, swelling, and scarring of the parts of the intestine that it involves. Even though many effective medications are available to control the activity of the disease, there is as yet no cure for Crohn's disease. Surgery can significantly improve the quality of life in selected individuals, but recurrence of the disease after surgery is common. nutritional deficiencies, loss of weight, anemia, growth retardation, and delayed puberty. more serious complications are strictures or narrowings of the intestine due to scarring and the formation of fistulas. Massive intestinal bleeding and perforation are unusual. There are also extraintestinal manifestations of Crohn's disease, some of which may be debilitating. These include arthritis, inflammation of the eye that can impair vision, skin diseases that vary from mild (erythema nodosum) to severe (pyoderma gangrenosum) gallstones, and loss of bone due to nutritional deficiencies. none is directly fatal, but allowed to continue unchecked can be fatal. Regards!
People also viewed
- Swallowed straw what precautions to take
- Is having chrones disease fatal
- Eye pulsing and hypothyroidism
- Papillary cancer used same injection two people help
- What are the upcoming complications with pagets disease
- Mild pelvic pain low potassium level are they related
- What is hemangioma diesease it is cureable
- Hashimotos eye problems and treatment
- Difficulty breathing trouble swallowing coughing fever side-effects of local anaesthesia
- Sprained wrist and knee having swelling x-ray clear suggestions
- Thyroid and light hurts my eyes
- Is alopasia a cureable disease
- Hyperthyroidism and yellow eyes
- Complicated diverticular disease causes
- Eyes hurt when taking thyroid medicine