Is Burger's disease fatal and what is the cause?

Is Burger"s Disease ever fatal? If it is what would be the cause?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: It can be fatal Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Buerger's disease is a rare disease of the arteries and veins causing micro thrombi in it leading to reduced blood supply. It usually affects hands and feet. Buerger's as such is not a fatal disease however these micro thrombi could lead to gangrene and infection. Infection usually leads to septicemia if not attended early, sepiticemia ( severe form of infection of the blood stream) is the most common cause of death in these individuals. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards