Is 1.5 mg/dl total Bilirubin, abnormal?

Should I be concerned with my 1.5 mg/dl total Bilirubin level on my recent glucose fasting blood test (12/27/13), My XXXXXXX , 2013, XXXXXXX 2013 and Oct., 2013 results were .9,1.0 and .6 respectively. All other results were normal. I have have been taking 4 mg of Toviaz for the past six months to treat an overactive bladder and wonder if this may be the cause for the increase.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Abnormal Total bilirubin Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The total bilirubin is defnitely abnormal and requires further workup. The upper limit of Total bilirubin is 1.3mg/dl. Here is what you should do 1. USG Abdomen and Pelvis 2. Liver function test as a whole including SGOT, SGPT and GGT 3. HbsAG and Anti HCV 4. Lipid profile Please approach a physician for furthe workup, continue taking Toviaz, it not known to cause liver dysfunction Until the work up is done I suggest you to avoid alcohol and oily food products as this causes an extra load on the liver to metabolize it I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards