Irritation between thighs, using old boxers. On panderm cream. Is this rash due to sex with commercial sex worker?

Since yesterday I have irritations between the legs, I think it s because of a boxer I ve never wear before and I wear it to sleep on the night.
I went to the pharmacy and they gave me panderm cream, is it ok.
How long will it take for this to go away, it is painful and uncomfortable
I had safe sex (with condom) last week with a professional sex workerThank you
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 minutes later

1)     One of the causes could be contact dermatitis or allergic reaction to the texture of the boxer. It can be because the area has come in contact with an allergen which can cause such itching. The other possibility is of friction rub or chafing. Chafing is basically skin irritation and redness which occurs when skin rubs against skin or clothing.

2)     Second possibility is of intertrigo skin. It is a skin condition caused by inflammation of the skinfolds aggravated by heat, moisture, maceration, friction, and lack of air circulation and is caused by two skin surfaces rubbing or pressing against each other.

Follow these methods for a quick relief from this redness:

1)     Wear cotton clothes and underwear and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material. When doing exercise wear athletic tights or cycling shorts.

2)     Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.

3)     You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash, as it will help in soothing the skin.

4)     Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation. You can continue Panderm cream application also.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.