Irregular periods, taking Vitex. Spotting, dizziness, mood swings, feeling hot. Negative pregnancy test. Reason?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Im an 18 year old married female,.my husband and i have recentlystarted trying to conceive, my periods have always been pretty irregular then went to just having them a few times a year so i tried this vitex pills for a couple months to regulate me, worked a cycle and now I'm late i spotted the day i should have started, then nothing. I'm now getting so dizzy i can barely walk I'm so hot all the time and moody. Can this be vitex or what? Also neg pregnancy test.
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 44 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Vitex pill is known to cause giddiness and other symptoms you have mentioned. Hence i request you to stop the medicine immediately. 2) Your irregular cycles are probably due to a condition called polycystic ovary (PCO). 3) Recommend you to get an ultrasound scan to decide about follicles in your ovary to confirm PCO condition. 4) Along with this I suggest semen analysis of your husband to check sperm count. 5) Please get back to me with above 2 reports after which I will recommend treatment based on these reports. I hope I answered your query. Please get back to me if any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist