Irregular periods, normal tests. What does laparoscopy mean? Is it painful? Can I conceive?

hello, i am 23 got married on last dec 2010. i had irregular periods soon i got married. now i am having regular periods for last 7 months. i am not yet concieve till now. myself and my hubby both had all initial test. every thing was normal. now doctor advised for laparoscopy test. told me to get admit on sunday noon. wat this test mean? how they will do? will it be painful? after this test can i get concieve? if there is no block in the test wat they will do next? will they go for surgery? pls clear my doubts.....
feeling nervous...
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
You have been advised to have laproscopy to find out tha patency of the fallopian tubes. This is a diagnostic test and the treating doctors are trying to find out the cause of your delay in conception. In case the tubes were found normal after laproscopy then ovulation induction therapy and other assisted reproductive techniques will be administered to help you concieve.
Laproscopy is done undr general anaesthesia and you will be discharged after one day. Surgery is done only if the tubes are found to be blocked.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.