Irregular periods. Prescribed with Susten. Urine pregnancy test negative

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have irregular periods. My last period date is Dec 4 2011 After that i didnt get my periods.Doctor advised to take Susten 200mg for three days. How to know whether i am pregnant or not.I did urine test yesterday but result was negative.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 52 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

You have a irregular menstrual history so there are chances that you may have a delayed period

A negative urine test usually rules out pregnancy, modern kits are sensitive from as early as day 2 of missed period

If you had unprotected sex in the meantime and with your irregular periods, the best would be go for HCG levels in the blood by Elisa or RIA

Hope all clear, In case of doubt revert back.