Intermittent ear noise after ear cleaning, triggered by normal sounds. How to stop this?

Question
AFTER AN EAR CLEANING I DEVELOPED AN INTERMITTENT EAR NOISE SIMILAR TO A FOG HORN SOUND.THIS SOUND IS TRIGGERED BY ANY NORMAL EVERYDAY SOUND, SUCH AS PLACING A GLASS ON A TABLE OR CLOSING A CABINET DOOR OR EVEN A FOOTSTEP. WHAT CAN BE DONE FOR THIS TO MAKE THIS STOP?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Your current frog horn sound in the ear with the background of previous labrynthitis would need tests with the ENT specialist first like conduction tests and if needed a camera inside to view the ear. This is to find out the integrity of your inner and middle ears related to conduction of sound.

Your situation though is peculiar since cleaning your ears has brought on this - ensure you do not place the ear bud end too XXXXXXX to touch the drum. Do not attempt to clean it at all.

It would need all the 3 minor muscles holding the drum in place. Any one muscle acting weird in there would have a bearing on the drum and its movements as much as the integrity of the labryinth for the high frequency sounds.

Sometimes, a central muscle relaxant is prescribed if the muscles are a cause. Antibiotics will be needed in case your labrynthitis is lingering.

In any case, this is a long standing problem and would require some time and patience to resolve. So, you need to reaffirm yourself to relax and go about the treatment in order.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,