Intercourse 6th day of cycle,blood test for pregnancy negative

Hi doctor. I am a woman of 28 years old and I would like to know is I can be pregnant. I had intercourse the 26th last month. My period started the 20th and ended the 24th last month. I had done the blood test yesterday, April 15th and it was negative. Is the result believable at this point?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Your last period was on the march 20th-24th.Your intercourse on 26th.That would be day 6 of your cycle.Pregnancy is very unlikely at that stage since ovulation occurs most often between day 12-16.Hence no,i dont believe that you could have become pregnant from that particular encounter.If your result was negative then yes,its beleivable at this point.Your fertile days would have been between april 1-6th.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.