Intake of Zentel in pregnancy. Harmful to the baby?

I was on a 2 day dose of Zentel (400mg) recently and only days later found out I was pregnant. What harm could this have caused my unborn child?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 14 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Regarding your question. It is very clear that you are concerned about exposure of your fetus to the medication which you have described.

The medication itself is certainly contraindicated in pregnancy. I do think however that the fact that you only had a couple of doses of this medication makes the likelihood of a serious problem with the pregnancy very well.

At the same time there is no absolute guarantee that can be given to you to make sure that there is no problem at all to worry about. There is simply no way to guarantee this.

I also want to say again that I have a low suspicion that there is a problem with your pregnancy that will be manifested due to the medication which you have taken.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I can appreciate that you're dealing with quite a bit of worry and concern. I hope my answer has been clear and helpful. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert