Insomniac. Using ear buds. Have gatorade propel zero. Why do I keep blacking out?

For the past 3-4 days I have been finding myself staying up all night and not being able to go to sleep. I have found myself tossing and turning in bed all night. Then being too tired all day to exercise or be productive. I have gotten blackout curtains so it keeps the light out. Sometimes I exercise at 8pm lifting weights. At night I have cherrios with 1% organic milk. In addition I have Gatorade propel zero. In addition I have gotten earbuds to block out the noise. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Congenital Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for query.
I understand your concern and help you
Avoid exercises and Gatorade in late evenings.
Exercises stimulate and increases your body temperature making you alert and also there is surge in hormones like epinephrine which again make you alert.
Gatorade also makes you alert as it an energy drink containing anti oxidants and vitamins.
Do exercises in morning and stop worrying
Avoid sleeping pills as they are harmful and habit forming.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any follow up query.
Thanks and best of luck.