Injury on testicle, ended up swelling and severe pain. Best remedy?

i got hit in my right testicle and now there is huge swelling on it and pain
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 53 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

Considering your history the possibilities include testicular torsion, torsion of a testicular appendage, and epididymitis. Also local internal bleeding cannot be ruled out.

I suggest:
1. Immediately visit a surgeon/Urologist and get it examined clinically.
2. The surgeon might advise a local ultrasound to delineate the extent of injury.
3. If the injury is not severe than local ice / elevation and analgesics can manage the condition.
4. In severe and very painful condition, surgical intervention might be indicated, depending upon the cause.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if there are no further queries.