Inhaled wood chips. Has respiratory problems, severe headache, light sensitivity, and feel lousy. Treatment?

my wife may have inhaled some wood chips from being too close to someone sawing up old telephone poles. she has respiratory problems, severe headache, light sensitivity, and general all around feeling lousy. i might mention we have no medical insurance so the e.r. is out of the question. she already said she wouldnt go and rack up a XXXXXXX are there any treatments i can do at home to help her thru this? please dont tell me to go to the doctor, this is why i am contacting you.. what medicines can i get for her or what are the things i can do for her?
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thank yo so much for this query.

I am Dr/ Ditah and feel particularly honored having this opportunity to address the health concern of your wife today.

I am so sorry about what she is experiencing,
I am even more sorry for the fact that she has no medical insurance which makes her care even more difficult to easily afford.

I have read through her symptoms. There need a closer evaluation and management. The truth is this web service cannot replace emergency care. Most people come here seeking for advice on what to do and how to go about it. It can never be directly related to providing immediate medical attention. For instance, I will say your wife needs oxygen now, how do you get it? You must go to the hospital. This is just to say, knowing what should be done cannot replace going to get it done in urgent situations.

I am aware of the expenses of the ER and more so when you have no medical insurance. Let us put the two issues at stake here and consider making a decision. What is money compared to loosing your wife or her developing major sequellae that could have been prevented? Have you thought of waking up a widower tomorrow?Have you thought about your children(if you have any) being motherless because you were afraid of bills? Which has more consequences than the other?
Man works and earns money and not the other way round. Only a healthy person can work and earn money and so health is ALWAYS a priority over money. She is worried about bills, let her take a second to also think about not making it alive tomorrow and see which is more costly.

I am sorry I cannot propose any medications to you. Beside, they are totally discouraged on this platform and more so in urgent cases where we are talking of respiratory distress and severe headache. I will ask you to do exactly what you seem not to like, though the best option, GO TO THE ER.

Hope this helps. Please, TAKE HER TO THE ER. Bills don't kill, they may weigh on you but they cannot kill you. It is nothing compared to a life at stake.
Hope you find this useful.

Wish you all the best and do take her to the ER.
Dr. Ditah, MD.