Infertility problem with low sperm count. Partner developed unanimously growing. Prescribed regestrone tablet. Suggestions?

I am married since 9th Feb 2012 ( I am 36 and my wife is 32) and since then we were trying for a child but till date we are not able to get fruitful results. Meanwhile we had a consultation with gynac and male infertility consultant too. For me the sperm count is very low ( varying between 1 � 2 million) . so we decided to go for a IVF treatment and approached XXXXXXX Center in Nungambakkam , Chennai in the month of Apr . During that time my wife�s follicles developed were not unanimously growing 2 reached 12*12 faster and others were in 6 * 6 ( before starting the medicines my wife had cyst of 8*8 2 in number). So the cycle was stopped in mid and doc gave regestrone tablet for my wife for her periods and in the month of May we reiterated the treatment , this time the follicles were as expected and we had a count of 7 before aspiration. After the aspiration came to know that 2 eggs were only of good quality out of which only one grew up as embryo but ended up in failure in the blood test after 15 days .during the fertilization I too had problems in retrieval of the sperms with good quality ( twice my semen was given out of which they were able to retrieve 4).

During our earlier tests the doc commented that my wife LH level is bit higher( when consulted for medicine she said that will be taken care through medicine ). Her AMH level is 2 before the treatment started .

Both are in the depressed state and worried because of our age factor too. Let us know if we have a chance of normal pregnancy else should go again for the treatment . Do you have any suggestions in our case and please advise if there are any medicines to be taken so that we could have normal pregnancy happening for my wife.

Do provide your suggestions also on the doctors who could be contacted for this treatment and your contact number in case of any further queries

Hope u understand my situation
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

After learning about both your health profile, I believe normal pregnancy is near impossible. You may have to go for assisted fertility only.

IVF after ovulation induction is the only best technique which can help you.

To improve the sperm quality you can take foods XXXXXXX in Slenium and zinc or you can even take supplements available in capsule or powder form.

Usually IVF techniques are successful only after two or three trials. Do have patience and get the procedure repeated for few more times.

I wish you have a child soon.

Hope, I answered your query.