Ask a Urologist   »  

Infection on the penis head and foreskin. Using clotrimazole cream. Is it Balantis?

General Surgeon
i have some kind of infection on foreskin and on penis head...........i think its balantis....the forehead of penis is swollened...... i m applying a clotrimazole cream on it but dont have any improvements. my age is 25.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 52 minutes later

Infection of penile head and foreskin is known as balanoposthitis, it is quite common.

It can be due to bacterial, viral or fungal infection or any combination of them.

Clotrimazole is only anti fungal drug, so application of it alone is not sufficient.

You should keep the area dry & clean.

Apply an ointment containing both anti-fungal and antibacterial.

Take anti fungal and antibacterial drugs orally also for quick response.

Consult your physician to get these drugs prescribed after physical examination.

It you are married, partner should also be simultaneously treated other wise it will recur.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Infection on the penis head and foreskin. Using clotrimazole cream. Is it Balantis? 6 hours later
one more thing i want to ask...........first it was treated by clotimazole......but now its not working........and now i am getting premature ejaculation....first it was gud...but now its getting worse..
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 19 hours later

Nice to hear from you again.

Premature Ejaculation has nothing to do with infection of foreskin and glans penis.

So do not worry.

Take appropriate treatment as discussed in previous post under the guidance of Dermatologist.

Once infected part is treated, Premature Ejaculation can also be looked after.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.