Infant with rash on eyelid and corner of the eye. Home remedy?

Question
My 8 month old baby has a rash on her upper eyelid and corner of eye. It has been there forna week. Eyeball looks white, healthy. What could the rash be? Should she be seen by dr? Is there anything I can do at home?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 18 minutes later

Rash on the eyelid can be due to eczema, dermatitis as sometimes babies can develop it due to shampoo,oil etc. Most of the rashes are harmless and often resolve by themselves.

Some measures:
1)Apply Calamine lotion and observe for any changes.

2)Avoid using any baby cosmetics as lotion,creams etc on the face.

3)Avoid overloading the child with clothes as excess heat or cold can also lead to rashes.

4)Apply Aleo vera gel on them.

If the rashes increase in size and number or are associated with any symptoms as itching,discharge or child is irritable,develops fever then consider visiting your Healthcare Provider for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.