Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Infection in the external auditory meatus
- Ear bubbling noise
- Meftal p syrup for fever
- Campho-phenique for earache
- Infection from rim job
- Infection in eye and swollen retina
- Alternating crocin and meftal p for fever in kids
- Ear canal reconstruction
- Collapsed ear canal
- Ear canal crystals
- Syrup meftal p or crocin for high fever
- Infection after rhinoplasty
- Infection from horse fly bite
- Meftal p or crocin which is best for viral fever
- Crocin syrup and meftal p syrup