Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Feels like tonsil is out of place
- Meftal p syrup for fever
- Unplesent feeling while urinate
- Alternating crocin and meftal p for fever in kids
- Warm feeling in tummy
- Shisha feels like sand in throat
- Feels like poop stuck in rectu
- Feels like something stuck in throat nuvagil
- Feels like something stuck in penid
- My uvula feels weird
- Syrup meftal p or crocin for high fever
- Toe tips feel wet
- Meftal p or crocin which is best for viral fever
- Tingling feeling in the vagina
- Crocin syrup and meftal p syrup