Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Bleeding after bumping forehead to wooden table
- Meftal p syrup for fever
- My bum bleeds after ive been toilet
- Alternating crocin and meftal p for fever in kids
- Syrup meftal p or crocin for high fever
- Spitting out blood and sore throat in pregnancy
- Roof of mouth gum bleeding after burning
- Tonsilitis spit blood
- Bleeding tongue after brushing
- Inverted papilloma blood spit
- High blood glucose tonsillectomy
- Meftal p or crocin which is best for viral fever
- Symptoms sore throat blood in spit
- Crocin syrup and meftal p syrup
- Cramping and bleeding after canesten pessary