Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Meftal p syrup for fever
- Alternating crocin and meftal p for fever in kids
- Normal pus gravity in pus in urine
- Soft gravle like substance in sperm
- Swollen throat when smoking weed
- Smoking weed swollen tonsils
- Swollwen uvula from smoking
- Urine specific gravity in3 year old
- Specific gravity in kidney stones
- Syrup meftal p or crocin for high fever
- Can smoking weed give you tonsilitis
- Meftal p or crocin which is best for viral fever
- Graveyeard shift and tinnitus
- Crocin syrup and meftal p syrup
- Smoking stings my throat