Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Clogged throat cant clear mucus
- Circumvallate papillae disease
- Urine specific gravity 1015 ph 6.5
- Serum gamma gt level my level is 101 is that bad
- Infant baby body chills and fever
- Rebamipide mucosta 100mg side effects
- Dns sinus
- Borderline unilateral ventriculomegaly in male 10.4 mm
- Low bloodpressure and pregnancy 103/53
- Syrup meftal p or crocin for high fever
- Can we give meftal p syrup after crocin for fever
- Costochondritis chills and fever
- Infant with fever and chills
- Yellow liquid coming out of ear
- Why my 2 yrs old baby has white stuff grow in her throat