Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Meftal p syrup for fever
- Power full medicine to boost hearing capacity in child
- Alternating crocin and meftal p for fever in kids
- Syrup meftal p or crocin for high fever
- Is there any problem with the insertion of ct
- What causes hives rash
- Meftal p or crocin which is best for viral fever
- I am having trouble with my hearing
- How to get rid of ear infection
- Can infection cause hives
- I have a problem of nasal polyp please advise
- Causes of high sgpt
- Crocin syrup and meftal p syrup
- What causes high rdw
- Causes high sed rate