Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi Doctors

My Kid who is 1 year old is suffering with feaver with chills from morning and we have given Crosin drops 3 times as of now in the period of 6 hours gap , still she is having 104 , Shall we use the Meftal P Syrup if yes what is the dosage
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later

Hi

Thanks for the query

Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.

You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.

Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon