Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Diagnosed with mastocytoma allergic to dog allergy can be outgrown
- Mark on back used tylenol and ibuproefen fever high help
- Treatment and cure for Labial adhesions
- Can we give meftal p syrup after crocin for fever
- Syrup meftal p or crocin for high fever
- Laser hair removal skin irritation blisters neosporin hydrocortisone
- Costochondritis chills and fever
- Pcos dark brown spotting abdominal cramps backache protected intercourse
- Infant baby body chills and fever
- Infant with fever and chills
- Treatment and cure for Sacro iliac joint dysfunction
- Treatment and cure for Macroglossia
- Treatment and cure for Pediatric Hyperinsulinemia
- Rhinoplasty surgery sinus crustiness infection
- Diagnosis of Recurrent tonsillitis