Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Other Questions to read
- How to be get cured with epilepsy?
- Have small white bumps on the inside of lower eyelid with redness and sore. Suggest?
- Have recurrent ring like rash around penis, seems to be coinciding with masturbation. Suggest?
- Taking Prednisone and Avalox for sinus infection. What is the standard dosing of Prednisone?
- Feverish feeling, sore throat. Done with widal test. Paratyphoid?