Infant with fever and chills. Took crocin. Temperature not improved. Meftal P syrup recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Fever with chills in the infants should not be considered lightly. Crocin drops can be used 3-4 times a day (presuming you have administered the medicine in the normal recommended dose), to reduce the temperature along with Meftal P suspension. Meftal-P does help in reducing the pain and fever and can be given for the time being.
You can try giving 2.5ml initially, but if the fever does not reduce by morning, it would be wise to consult a good Pediatrician for a complete evaluation and further management.
Also, I would like to stress upon the fact that tepid sponging is equally important and helps in reducing the temperature.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up query.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Ivf slight cramping on and off chances of pregnancy
- Pain in mastoid while drinking alcohol
- Was diagnosed with cutaneous mastocytosis is there no proper cure
- Can we give meftal p syrup after crocin for fever
- Syrup meftal p or crocin for high fever
- Itchy rash on hands arms feet back causes discomfort
- Costochondritis chills and fever
- Swollen salivary glands alcohol
- Infant baby body chills and fever
- Infant with fever and chills
- Delayed periods hpt test negative given meprate postpone periods suggest
- Dizziness blackouts throbbing in head migraines headaches what is wrong
- Swollen glands in neck related to alcohol
- Alcohol hurts my tongue
- Alcoholism and perotid salivary glands swollen