Infant hospitalized for vomiting. On isomil. Can there be an alternative for this?

Question
Hi Doctor,
My son is admited in hospital when he is 8 months b'coz of regular vomtings..doctor suggested him to give isomil.prevoiusly we use to give him Nan..now he is 12 months..from past 4 months we r giving him isomil..but now we r not getting isomil anywhere will u please suggest me what is alternate for isomil..thanks in advance..awaiting for your reply..
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

Isomil is a soy milk product, given in case babies have sensitivity to cow’s milk.
You can try Zerolac powder which is lactose free but you would need to add sugar as it is sugar free too.
You can try one more product called- Nestle Good Start Supreme Soy DHA & ARA formula.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any more concerns, I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.

Follow-up: Infant hospitalized for vomiting. On isomil. Can there be an alternative for this? 30 minutes later
Thank for your suggestion.My son he is 13 months baby. Do we have any stages in Zerolac like stage1 , stage2 etc..Awaiting for your reply.

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 22 minutes later

There are no stages for Zerolac powder.
You can continue it for your son.
At the same time continue his meals like dal-rice, spinach-dal, and boiled potato.
Zerolac powder alone is not enough for increasing demands of baby growth.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.