Infant having white patches on face. Is this normal?

Hello Doc, My 9 month old son is having white patches over his face, I have referred couple of the pediatrics and he said its dryness and other said is nutritional defeciency. Are these pathces common in infants? Any thing to worry, how these patches can be treated?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry these sports are called pitrysis XXXXXXX and they are dry fine scaled ,pale patches on face which is self limiting. No treatment is actually required. Area should not be left dry. Emollients should be used on regular basis. Sometimes steroid of low potency like hydrocortisone is also used. These patches usually subside in few months. Yes nutrition should be taken care of. Give green leafy vegetables,fruit and home based food. Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any furthet question I would be glad to help. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...