Infant has some white spots on face. What could it be?

hi there,

my sister's daughter she ifs just 6 months old...

we see there are some white spots On her face can some one please help me to recognise what ifs that On her face I've attached the pictures of her.

Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I appreciate your concern.

Relax,there is nothing to worry.

These hypopigmented sports are self limiting and no treatment is required as they get cleared of their own.

In case it is associated with redness or itching then topical hydrocortisone cream is given.

I suggest you to apply moisturizer 2 to 3 times a day so that area should not be left dry.

In case these sports increase in size or spread to other parts of body,I suggest to get her examined by pediatrician as physical examination will be needed.

Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your little XXXXXXX good health.

God bless...