Infant has diarrhea and vomiting. Not cured by homeopathic medicine. Effective treatment?

My 23 month old daughter has had diarrhea and vomiting for one week. Vomit smells like yeast. Diarrhea dis 6-8 diapers per day. Pediatrician recommended homeopath ices. No real improvement. Is there anything else we can do?
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 27 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

The most important thing you have to look for is her hydration status. A good urine output and a moist tongue indicate the hydration is adequate. If the urine output is not good and tongue is dry, give her electrolyte solution like pedialyte in small sips.

If she is not tolerating pedialyte since she is having vomiting also, take her to the doctor for intravenous fluids to rehydrate her ( in case if she is dehydrated).

The most probable cause is infection. Give her yogurt, probiotics and zinc supplements for faster relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini