Increased heart beat, red and itchy eyes, shaky, feverish. Any clues?

My heart started beating fast last evening. My eyes had become extremely red and I was feeling shaky and feverish so I put myself in bed but couldn't sleep because my eyes hurt, I felt itchy, and my heart continued to pound hard and faster than usual. I am 52 and in good health. I've always had good blood pressure readings during any check-up. Any clues as to what may have caused this sudden change?
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from prodromal symtoms. Which is nothing but the initial feature of an infection.Most likely to be an upper chest discomfort I would like you to approach a physician as soon as possible for an EKG to rule out rhythm disturbance of the heart.
For now
1. Take good bed rest
2. Do not indulge in physical activity until you XXXXXXX a doctor
3. Watch out for dizziness, sweating and breathlessness
4. Tab Acetaminophen should help, please ask your doctor for a prescription

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health