Inability to conceive after having unprotected intercourse. What is going wrong?

Mar 2013
I have one child and now From last 6months we are trying for. Second child there is a gap of five years with first child, what is going wrong .I Am not able to underdtand, I have notice one thing that my sperm are there but the pressure is too low is this matter my age is 32 please reply me urgently.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Inability to conceive after more than one year of unprotected intercourse, having had a successful conception earlier, is called secondary infertility.
There could be various reasons for this.
Firstly an abnormal semen analysis - problem in the semen count or motility or morphology ( shape ).
This could be due to hormonal imbalances, infections, blockages in the seminal ducts or other acquired conditions.
Another reason could be due to blocked Fallopian tubes in the female - again due to infections , tubal handling during previous deliveries etc.
Thirdly, there could be problems in ovulation in the female - ageing, polycystic ovaries, drugs, radiation could cause this.
If you suspect that you are having problems with the amount of semen ejaculated, then please have a semen analysis done at a reputed laboratory after 3 days of abstinence.
If this is normal, then you can consult a gynecologist and have work up for your wife consisting of ovulatory studies and testing of the fallopian tubes.
In any case, make sure that she takes folic acid tablets daily and both of you maintain a healthy BMI and a stress free life.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Inability to conceive after having unprotected intercourse. What is going wrong? 5 hours later
My wife had taken an injection for no pregnancy for six months, Is this could be the matter also.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Please let me know when did she take the injection, and when did she stop.
Also, if after stopping, her periods are regular or not ?
Then I can guide you accordingly.
Follow-up: Inability to conceive after having unprotected intercourse. What is going wrong? 13 hours later
she had taken the injecton in nov 2011 for six months, but then after she started problem in periods for about eight to nine months but now from last one year her cycle is on proper much % chances are there for problem in myself or her. Please sujjest me in which direction should i go.

Thanks in Advance.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
As her periods are regular since the last one year, I do not think she would have any issues with ovulation.
Right now, as I said -
1. Get a semen analysis report done from a reputed lab.
2. If it is normal, get basic ultrasound scan of your wife and follicular monitoring test done to document ovulation.
3. If these two are normal, wait for 3 - 6 months, try naturally around time of ovulation and then if you do not conceive, then get her fallopian tube patency tested by hysteroscopy and laparoscopy.
All the best
Follow-up: Inability to conceive after having unprotected intercourse. What is going wrong? 28 hours later
Hello Doctor,
I would like to thank you for your valuable and timely support for me, As suggested by you I have done my sperm analysis repot, and sending you by attachment in JPG format,. One thing I want to bring in to your notice that half of the sperm fallen down at the time of sample giving. Dr I am very tense with this report as I don’t now weather it is normal or not. Please reply me fast about my report and what further actions are needed to be taken. As I have not shared this information with my wife.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thank you for your appreciation.
I have gone through your semen analysis report.
I would like to reassure you that your report is ABSOLUTELY normal.
So you do not have to worry about your semen analysis.
Now, please consult a gynecologist and have the remaining testing done for your wife.