IS it safe to eat raw rice during pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
Hi doctor, I am having the habit of eating raw rice but i tried to control myself but i cant,now i am pregnant whether due to eating raw rice it will affect my baby?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No effect on baby Detailed Answer: Hi, Eating raw rice is not going to affect your baby. Dont worry. Since raw rice might contain pesticide residues, it is advisable to wash them thoroughly before eating as pesticide if present on rice is not good for baby. But it might cause indigestion and hence pain to you. Hence try to control the urge. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol