I want to take vitamin for good health. What should be the dosage?

I want to take Vitamine B6 and B12 shots to maintain good health, loose 20 lbs and increase my energy.
What would be the safe dosage amount and also suringe type?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
measures of Vitamin B6 and B12 first helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I ma afraid it might be necessary for you take injections of these vitamins. Remember that it is very necessary to know the exact levels of these Vitamins in your body before going in for supplementation. There are some cases where people might suffer from intoxication or over dose from these Vitamins. I suggest you first run blood tests for these vitamins first before thinking of the appropriate route and dosage of supplementation. Depending in the case, oral combination could even be sufficient for you. Advice on diet could be of utmost help too.

Other causes of maybe weakness could be electrolyte imbalances. Screening for serum Calcium, magnesium, Potassium and Vitamin D levels could also be helpful.

I suggest you consult your proper clinical review and discussion on the options for tests and further care. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health.

Bain LE, MD.