I took a pregnancy test and one of the lines are very light. What does it mean?

May 2013
I took a pregnancy test and one of the lines are very very light what does that mean
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later

The result of the urine pregnancy test depends on many factors like:
-The time of sample collection
-The gestational age
-The time gap between adding the sample ans reading the result.
So the possible causes for the light line are:
-Early pregnancy
-False positive test result.
So if you just crossed your expected date of periods, better to wait for 4 to 5 days and repeat the test with early morning mid stream urine sample.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.