I need the best possible scar treatment

I need the best possible scar treatment.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.

There are many possible scar treatments like surgery, Lasers, Radiofrequency, silastic sheets etc.

The best treatment depends upon many factors which are:
size of the scar
location on the body
age of the scar
cause of the scar.

To give you a rough idea, a small scar on extra facial site is best treated with surgery.

A larger scar may either be improved with laser or can be taken care of with multiple stage by stage surgeries

Scars on the face are usually treated with a combination of surgery, lasers and dermaroller.

If you can provide me with a pic of the scar, you want the treatment of I will be able to give you a more precise suggestion on the way forward.

You may attach your pic using the upload my reports feature on the left hand side of the query page.
You may also send them to me directly on YYYY@YYYY Sub: Attn Dr Gaurang

Awaiting your response

Follow-up: I need the best possible scar treatment 11 hours later
Thanks for you response. I'm only sixteen and I am a previously engaged in self injury. I am searching for the best treatment gel or cream that I can use. Whether it be SCARprin, Mederma, Bio- Oil or anything else. I am not really concerned about the price as long as it is somewhat fast and effective. I have several scarsso its not really just one.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 13 hours later
Thanks for the reply.

I understand your problem now.

You may use contractubex gel. Massage it 2-3 times daily and then apply silastic sheet over them and keep it that way for atleast 18 hours a day.

Gradually you will see an improvement.

If the scars are raised above the skin surface, then intralesional injections of triamnicolone also help a lot. You may see a dermatologist/plastic surgeon personally for that.

You have to do the treatment for several months before you start seeing improvement.

Alright. I see the scar cream, and I'm going to purchase that, but what are silastic sheets? I googled it and I'll go to the pharmacy but what exactly are they?
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 12 hours later
Silastic sheets are silicone sheets which are used to cover the scars after application of the cream.
You will get it at any good pharmacy store