I have swollen palm area below thumb inspite of being diabetic

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My Palm area below right thumb above the wrist is swollen. I am diabetic had blood sugar out of control and bringing back to control and I am on Medifast diet program for wait loss. can you provide some insight on what is going on.Please call me at XXXXXXXXX if you are responding to this questions.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems to be inflammatory in nature. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. According to your description and image provided , swelling over your palm seems to be inflammatory in nature. I advice you to give you rest to the part affected, take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation and consult your doctor for thorough examination of palm and rule out any infective cause. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care