I have severe pain in my upper chest area and right arm

I have had severe pain in my upper chest area In the middle of my chest,and right arm, several times in the last couple of days once a week ago while bowling. Have had swelling in my right arm and hand and legs, off and on. what do you suggest? I am hopeful it is not a heart attack about to happen or is it just indigestion. I am not overweight and eat healthy. Thank you
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: not heart attack Detailed Answer: Hello Cardiac pain is radiated to left arm and not to right arm, so don't worry it is not a heart attack. Pain in arm may be due to injury causes during sport activity. The matter of concern is swelling. Swelling without any known reason may be related to heart failure. Please get an electrocardiogram done. This is a simple test and will help in ruling out cardiac involvement. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: I have severe pain in my upper chest area and right arm 27 minutes later
I have an appointment with my Doctor but not until March 10th, the reason I was somewhat concerned. It is difficult to get appointments due to the Physician shortage in our area. What else could you suggest. I had an ECG done on January 8th along with other tests that are done on an annual basis due to my diabetes which I keep under control. Each time I go out in the cold and walk rapidly Iget the same reaction When I come back in the home, it gradually settles down..could it be my lungs or esoghogus (SP)
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 33 hours later
Brief Answer: cholecystitis Detailed Answer: Hello If ECG is normal, you dont need to worry about heart. Cholecystitis ( gall bladder inflammation ) can present with bloating sensation and pain in right side of chest radiating to shoulder. Please get an ultrasound of abdomen done. Start with antacids. I dont think there is involvement of lungs. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you