I have needle prick sensation on left upper chest and light pressure. What cure should be done?

I have needle prick sensation on my left upper chest. Followed by light pressure.
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms are not suggestive of heart disease but rather suggest either gastro-esophageal reflux disease, costochondritis or anxiety. However, given our history, I would be doubly reassured if we did have a normal ECG alongside. As of now, I would suggest the following
a. Take Tablet Prevacid OTC 1 tablet 1 hour before breakfast.
b. Avoid smoking, alcohol, spicy and oily food
c. Eat small meals at frequent intervals
d. Try XXXXXXX breathing to relieve anxiety.
e. If the pain increases on touch, then diclofenac gel and hot fomentation would also help.

Please get a ECG done alongside. Given the atypical nature of heart disease, we dont want to be missing out on anything.
If the pain increases in severity or is accompanied by an uncomfortable sensation, please visit the ER.
Let me know if you have any other concerns