I have had flu like illness for several months. Feeling

Question
I have had flu like illness for several months. Feeling completely exhausted, blurred vision, body aches, clouded brain, totally out of it, but no rash. The later the day goes on the more confused I become & the worse I feel. I work for forestry & have been bitten numerous times by ticks, especially 3 or 4 months ago. I had a physical recently, blood tests, etc. but nothing wrong. Any ideas?
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibly due to electrolyte imbalance

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that somehow you have developed an electrolyte imbalance. I would insist you to take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps. You also need to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts.

Another possibility to consider is that you are suffering from a simple viral infection.

In case you develop fever, it would be a good idea to get yourself thoroughly evaluated. This will help in excluding tick borne disaeses.

Let me know if I could help further.