I have experienced stool incontinence since August. It's actually more

Question
I have experienced stool incontinence since August. It's actually more like leakage especially when I exercise. I do have a hemorroid which burns when there is leakage which I think is caused by constant wiping. what could be causing my leakage. My stools are normal to soft to runny but otherwise I feel fine. My last colonoscopy in XXXXXXX 2017 revealed diverticulosis. I am taking Nexium for acid reflux.
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. With old age, diverticulosis and constipation are the likely cause of this incontinence. You need to avoid straining, relieve constipation and get evaluated. Some tests need to be done. Balloon expulsion studies, anal manometry, proctosigmoidoscopy, proctography and MR studies to find any soft tissue damage needs to be done. Consult a local gastroenterologist and let them help. Meanwhile modify diet lifestyle, use more fiber and diet, exercise more and see if it helps.

Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan