I have been on Cymbalta for 3 years approximately. So

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have been on Cymbalta for 3 years approximately. So we tried Prozak 40mg BID. It doesn't seem to make any difference. I did ween myself off of both. I was wondering if Wellbutin works differently. My doctor wanted to try Abillify, but I'm afraid it will cause facial tics. I have crohn's disease, fibro, type 2 diabetes from prednizone in the past. I only have 5 ft of intestine left and I'm on 2000ml of sodium chloride w/500mg of magnesium in each bag. I need something that comes as a capsule or gel cap because it comes out whole otherwise. Any suggestions?
YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Choice of drug depends on diagnosed disorder.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully through your query.

bupropion hydrochloride,is an antidepressant of the aminoketone class,This class is not related to tricyclic or selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor.This salt works by inhibiting the reuptake of dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine and this action results in more dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine to transmit messages to other nerves.
Abillify on the other hand is a atyical anti pyschotic.Please specify your problem clearly i.e whether its depresion or pyschosis as treatment depends on the nature of your illness.

If you are depressive then my suggestion is that start taking Paroxetine.Its a SSRi like fluoxetine but results are far superior and is very well tolerated by most of the patients.
Start with paroxetine.It would take minimum of 4-8weeks to show its effect.
Tetrfol(L-Methylfolate) should also be taken daily along with paroxetine.Methylfolate increases the bioavailability of Paroxetine. These are prescription medicines and you need to consult your local doctor for the same.

Please revert back for better advice.

Waiting!