I have been experiencing a mild tingling sensation on the

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have been experiencing a mild tingling sensation on the right corner of my mouth and lips, my right jaw and sometimes my right cheek. It seems to come about when I drink alcohol, particularly wine. Sometimes it lasts for several days before subsiding. What is causing this sensation?
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Trigeminal nerve dysfunction to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic,

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

A sensation of the face is an attribute of the trigeminal nerve, so, in my opinion, dysfunction of this nerve (compression for example ) should be considered.

Vascular compression or conflict is one of the causes of this nerve dysfunction.

In cases of alcohol intake, there's a vasodilation of the vessels that may contribute to the neurovascular conflict.

I'd suggest getting a neurological examination first in order to understand your condition better.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.