I have a throbbing headache the past 3 days with

Question
I have a throbbing headache the past 3 days with pains in my neck could this be my sinus?
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
normally also have nasal congestion, post nasal drip,worse on holding over

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

May be another cause.

Headache related to sinus disease is usually associated with full sensation in the head, the headache is worse when bending over and there may be tenderness on touching of the sinus areas (over the cheeks, forehead with the frontal sinus etc).

Additionally there are usually other symptoms such as nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, coughing , post nasal drip, ear pain... some or all of these are usually present.

If you do not usually have severe headaches (no history of migraines), then it would be best to be seen and assessed by your doctor.
Unusual headaches are always to be investigated.

If you have a history of migraines then it may be in keeping with a migraine, these are normally throbbing and very severe.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions