I have a small pea size lump under the skin of my mon pubis

I have a small pea size lump under the skin of my mon pubis. I also have a lump in my lower right labia, which I think is a Bartholine cyst. I'm traveling and away from my doctor. I've been treating the Bartholine cyst for 3 days with stiz baths. The second lump just became tender (and therefore noticeable) today. What are the possible causes?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be folliculitis or a small abscess Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query I am so sorry to hear about this lump that you a=have described. From the information you have provided, this sounds like a very small skin information. Considering the location and the description of these symptoms, it most likely represents a inflammatory condition like folliculitis or a very small abscess. If it has a well formed head, then I will suggest that you squeeze the content out. If it is not yet soft, take some pain medications like Tylenol and Ibuprofen to control the inflammation and pains. For the Bartholin's abscess, I will suggest you continue with the sitz baths. However, if the gland should not show marked decrease in size and symptoms, consider talking to your doctor about this because the standard treatment for this condition is marsupialization and sitz baths are just an accompanying measure for healing and not the main arm of treatment. Can you tell me how you prepare the solution just to make sure you are doing that correctly? I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.