I have a right lung nodule 1.8cm. Recommended a ct needle lung biopsy. What should I do?

Question
I have a right lung nodule 1.8cm. The pulmonologist watched it for about a year and a half. In my last ct scan about 3 weeks ago the nodule had grown to (1.8). The Thoraisic surgeon recemmended a ct needle lung biopsy. Which came back inconclusive. What should be my next course of action. An immediate surgery, or wait for three months and get another cat scan and a needle biopsy done.
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Lung Cancer

Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

Please answer first to the following questions, to have a more clear image of your current condition:

Which size was the nodule one year and a half ago?

First time when the ct scan showed that the nodule had grown was last time, 3 weeks ago?

I am asking this, because there are several options. If the likelihood is low that the nodule is cancer, you may opt to wait for three months and get another cat scan. If on the other hand the likelihood is high that the nodule is cancer, you and your doctor may choose to repeat the biopsy.

I am looking to your reply.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD

Follow-up: I have a right lung nodule 1.8cm. Recommended a ct needle lung biopsy. What should I do? 14 hours later
I think it was around 1. something because at that time the doctor said he was not worried about it but will watch it. I will call and find out the dates and the size.

Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 26 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Please call him then and keep me updated.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD